Monday, January 9, 2012

Should I change my 2 and a half year old's name?

I have two daughter 3 and a half (Isabella Kristine) and 2 and a half (Alejandra Nicole). I am Hispanic, my husband is American. I wanted to name them with one name in Spanish and one in English. Isabella Kristine is fine, everybody calls her Isabella. It happens that it was hard for English spiking people to say the name Alejandra, so when she was 7 months old we started calling her Nicole. I love the name, but I just don't like the fact that we call her by her middle name and that is not a Spanish name, like I always wanted. Then I thought of naming her Gabriella Nicole (wish would be easy to say in both languages, just like Isabella) and call her Nicole until she can diced how she would want to be called.

No comments:

Post a Comment